I’m not going to lie, laziness has been the culprit in the prevention of many of my business projects from existing today. Maybe it’s a disease that I’ve had since I was a child ( I am THE BABY), or maybe it’s really my cravings for perfection that’s disguised as procrastination. Regardless, laziness is the desire to be idle and do nothing.
On occasion, it’s enjoyable to have a lazy day, especially after a hard day at work. But when laziness starts to take over your life, it will benefit you to address this trend. A grand life requires a considerable amount of effort. It would be great to visualize something and have it appear instantly, but even with the law of attraction you still have to put some type of action behind your desires. It doesn’t just happen by accident! A great life is the result of a vision that you put into action, and there’s usually only a little room for laziness in that plan, especially if you want to start your business let alone grow one!
Conversations On The Go
Participate in spiritually and metaphysically infused practical chatter to help you navigate your life's journey and become a savvy alchemist! The monotony of life slowly rusts away at our brilliance, but luckily The Coaching Parlour podcast is here here to remind you the importance of your existence!
Following These 10 Tips
Helps to minimize the laziness that’s preventing your business growth:
- Try sleeping and exercising more. Maybe you lack the energy to get much done. You might require more rest, and need to get about 6-8 hours. Keep in mind without good health, and that includes lack of sleep and stress, you are preventing your business from moving forward. Exercise can be energizing, as well. Establish a routine that allows for both, and you see some fantastic results ( and lowered health bill!)
- Set some goals that excite you. Sometimes boredom is just a symptom of having goals that don’t motivate you and aren’t challenging enough. Think about what you want your life and your business to be like and focus on how happy you’ll feel when you reach your goals.
- Consider the consequences. Think about the effects if you continue being lazy on a regular basis. Do you want to live with those negative consequences? A
couplefew major consequences will be missing out on business opportunities, people, customers, and….low sales. Is that a consequence you want to live with?
- Ponder all the benefits you’ll discover when you stop being lazy. Imagine all the things you could get done and how that would positively affect your life. Many of your worries would probably be eliminated, and you can ALWAYS celebrate your victories! It’s about effectuating, progress…not laziness! (FYI: Reminder for myself people!)
- Focus on one thing at a time. Multi-tasking isn’t effective and it can be stressful. Try doing one thing, finishing it, and then moving on to the next task. As a matter of fact, I HIGHLY recommend this new tool I started using called The Emergent Task Planner by David Seah. Focus on THREE things only for the day. Nothing more….nothing less. Thanks, David!
- Break down bigger tasks into smaller ones. This goes with tip #5. Writing an entire book seems intimidating. But you could handle writing one chapter. Smaller tasks are less intimidating and more likely to get done when you take a step-by-step approach. You can also turn some of those tasks in to new positive habits.
- Repeat positive affirmations. Affirmations keep your mind focused on positive thoughts and emotions and help you avoid negativity. It’s like killing two birds with one stone. Sometimes simply repeating, “Get up. Get up. You can do it.” and feel it in your being, spirit, environment! Not only will it get you moving, but it will put you in a contagiously good mood which will influence your actions!
- Get started. Procrastination is a form of laziness. Learn to jump up and get started before you have the chance to talk yourself out of it. Don’t blink, don’t complain, don’t even think about it. Just get started even if it’s rusty. Trust me after about 15 mins you’ll get into the groove of things and actually see some results you’ll be proud of. Prime example, this article.
- Hang out with successful people. Most successful people have figured out how to avoid becoming lazy. Seeing how others handle their lives can be educational and inspiring. You’ll also be amazed at how much they get done, and when you see the benefits it will motivate you to get your ball moving, and your attitude!
- Use visualization. You can utilize your imagination to affect your behavior and future. Imagine performing all the tasks that you need to get done. Envision yourself completing them quickly, easily, and joyfully! Added bonus if you ask for guidance, and allow yourself to be open to insights that will help your business activities.
People that are chronically lazy tend to get themselves into challenging situations, and from personal experience it’s not fun nor is it cute. Attack this issue from every possible angle, so you will prevent in dishevel in your business. Overcoming laziness requires a multi-pronged approach. Have a plan for your life that inspires you to take consistent action, and you’ll start to see some progress!
What are other tips for reversing laziness? List them in the comment section below!
February 22, 2018