Audio | Bethany Webster: Mother Wound acknowledgement, healing, & Alignment with our Inner Mother
Welcome to episode 75 of The Alchemy Parlour podcast. In this episode join me and my guest alchemist, Bethany Webster , as we discuss Mother Wound Acknowledgement, healing, and Alignment with our Inner Mother and The Awakened Masculine.
The Mother Wound is a trauma sometimes hidden behind the guise of generational curses that are passed down from mother to offspring.
But although our mothers may have tried their very best to nurture us, our relationships with them may have been laced with undercurrents of shame, guilt and obligation.
Whether you are conscious of it or not, The Mother Wound has a profound impact on our lives aiding in abandonment issues, self-sabotage, feeling like you are an impostor, or having the attitude that you will never grow into your full potential!
And it Paves a way for external recognition and approval to take precedent over your own voice, giving you the permission to live in peace and freedom.
When left ignored, we pass on the Wounds that our mothers and grandmothers before us failed to heal. Leaving a trail of tender and sore scars, narcissistic tendencies, and escapism as the norm.
As these are similar childhood factors to those linked to codependency, the presence of the mother wound, if not healed, can contribute to codependent patterns of relationships.
As we dive into this conversation with The Mother Wound trailblazer, Bethany Webster, listen as we discuss how white supremacy and privilege, patriarchy has influenced the depth of our collective mother wound, and how and the importance of inner child play in acknowledgement, healing, and empowerment.
Join us as we discuss the following:
- What is multipotentiality power and it’s advantages.
- How Someone cultivate self-discipline when taking a multi-passionate approach
- The shadow aspect of being multi-passionate.
- Specific action steps that one can take, today on developing their strategy to make it work for them in the mundane world.
…..oh, and MORE!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Laser Coaching that will help with YOUR NEXT STEP
- NLWAC Free-Ecourse
- Bethany Webster – Mentoring, Consultancy, and Leadership Training
- Discovering The Inner Mother (Book)
- Discovering The Inner Mother (Course)
- Womanifesting Fertility Goddess Affirmation Cards by Abiola Abrams
About Bethany Webster
In early 2014 Bethany Webster published an article entitled “Why it’s Crucial for Women to Heal the Mother Wound” based on a body of work she had been developing in isolation over the course of 15 years. Overnight, the article went viral as women around the world shared it on social media, discussed it with their friends, and began referencing it in new blogs and podcasts. Since then, Bethany has built a global community of thoughtful women who are committed to ushering in a new, internally-driven era of feminism.
Bethany is the author of the forthcoming book entitled: “Discovering the Inner Mother: A Guide to Healing the Mother Wound and Claiming your Power,” to be published by William Morrow on July 28th, 2020. Bethany speaks, consults and mentors around the world, sharing her growing body of work that is raising the standard of women’s leadership and personal development.
Episode Energy Reading
Overall Lesson: Although painful, connecting, acknowledging, and healing your Mother Wound is a Celebration. It’s a nuturing act!
Underlining Energies: VIII Adjustment (Thoth Tarot Deck)
- to Finding the balance within shadow/brilliance
- Adjusting through healing which is acknowledge, your pain, speaking out about it, and YOU getting the necessary help to heal.
- Connecting through your heart chakra temple going there to congregate with love through your higher self and your spiritual council
- Finding your voice and celebrating it
Action Need to Take: Knight of Pentacles (Thoth Tarot Deck)
- Move forward, but take your time
- separate wheat from the chaff ( separate what is of value in the situation vs. the fluff)
- Let your experience build your confidence and strengthen and secure you in your truth and be grateful you’ll increase your abundance
“I tap into my Mother Wound, acknowledging the lesson while sending healing to the pain. I tend to the scarring allowing it to not only remind me of the past, but aid me towards a future filled with clarity, compassion, and grace. So be it!”