Audio |Natalie Cruz: Wellness Empowerment through Magical Herbal Healing & Self-care Priorities
Welcome to episode 67 of The Alchemy Parlour podcast. In this episode join me and my guest alchemist and physicist, Natalie Cruz, as we discuss Wellness Empowerment through Magical Herbal Healing & Self-care Priorities.
Life is very cyclical, but we seem to consciously move forward in a linear manner, not really honoring the seasons in our life. More specifically the seasons within our bodies.
Our respective temples need to be nurtured, valued, shown care and respect. It needs to be nourished not only through the best quality of foods, but through education, patience, holding space for our own-selves, entertaining our imaginations, and exercising our creativity through hobbies, rituals, a meditative journey, and being in a natural environment.
We need to starting honoring our place in the world around us, and that we have the damn right to be here in this skin, in this body, in this identity, backed with our experiences and innate knowledge at this current time and place. Purging outside projections of other regurgitated ideals, values, dreams, rules, and lack of accountability.
We need to care for ourselves, through educating ourselves on what we are consuming, not just orally but mentally, and emotionally. Safe guarding our own growth and evolution, so we can not only be present for what matters to us, but be fully aware on all levels of our senses.
Self-care is not only self-help but it’s a revolutionary act of committing to oneself by living with more accountability, compassion, grace, peace, and the freedom to be.
Join us as we go over key points such as:
- What wellness empowerment looks like.
- The spiritual powers of herbs/plant medicine.
- The 6 pillars of self-care.
- What is CBD oil, and how is it beneficial to our health and wellness.
- Self-care rituals one can partake in that are suitable for the different seasons that includes herbs, foods, physical activity
About Natalie Cruz
Natalie Love Cruz is a nutritional healer, herbal alchemist and self-care advocate. She has facilitated workshops and retreats helping women of color recognize the importance of self-care and wellness empowerment. She is the creator of the planner called “Self Care Cues: Just Do You” which focuses on integrating self-care into every day living.
Natalie was a speaker at the BlogHer Food conference discussing healthy food and wellness trends. She has been a featured contributor on Black Girl in Om, Mommy Bites, the Real Me In podcast and can be heard on her own podcast Taboo Talks.
Episode Energy Reading
From here on out we are going to switch it up and pull three cards in the respective space of Opportunity, Challenge, and Lesson.
Interesting side-note: When looking up “Opportunity” on Thesaurus.com two synonyms (among others) that came up are space and time. So keep that in mind whenever you hear me reference opportunity in a reading.
The Question I ask you: Self care not only includes doing, but also listening. Both are nurturing acts. So are you listening and responding maturely to the request your body, heart, mind, and energy is asking of you?
The Lesson is represented by: Page of Cups
- Asking your body what it NEEDS
- Embodying the feeling of freedom from expectations, judgments, responsibility of others moods, feelings
- Saying No, Honoring your timing
- Saying Yes to exploring nurturing activities that feed your body and soul.
- Finding Your groove, rhythms like ocean waves.
The Opportunity is represented: 9 of Cups
- Being honest with yourself What are ways that yo wish you can honor yourself
- Embrace the feeling and experience of Satisfaction.
- Stop Chasing, Start Being, and self-care acts can help you towards that realization
- We often criticize ourselves because we feel as if we aren’t doing enough or that we are worthy of that reward.
- This is an opportunity to shift our perspective and look at ourselves as an investment that includes are mental, emotional, and physical health…and we need to invest in our creativity, imagination, our energy to proceed forward.
The Challenge is represented by: 2 of Wands
- Planning out your self-care rituals and committing to this healthy time
- Making excuses on why you don’t have the tools or time
- Not Listening to your inner voice requesting that vacation time
Spiritual Treatment Affirmation
“I AM understanding the importance of valuing myself in the physical currency of priority, time, commitment, routine, and quality. So be it.” So be it.