TCP012| Stepping Into & Embracing Your Assertiveness
“Staying silent is like a slow growing cancer to the soul and a trait of a true coward. There is nothing intelligent about not standing up for yourself. You may not win every battle. However, everyone will at least know what you stood for—YOU.”
― Shannon L. Alder
The Coaching Parlour podcast is brought to you by
Visit me out on coach.me, and sign up for chat messaging coaching, or even better, a phone call or two with me! Let’s get started with goals and game plan today!
The Basic Difference Between Being Assertive & Being Aggressive is How Our Words & Behavior Affect the Rights & Well Being of Others
It is interesting that many people still confuse being assertive with being aggressive. Assertiveness is a behavior or skill that helps you to communicate, clearly and with confidence, your feelings, needs, wants and thoughts, whilst acknowledging the needs of others. It means that you are able to state your opinions without feeling self-conscious, as well as being able to express your emotions openly. Being assertive will enable you to make clear to others how you wish to proceed in all aspects of your life. At the same time you will value others, respecting their right to an opinion as well. Through effective, assertive communication you will be able to express how you wish to move forward.
What We Cover In This Episode
- 3 self-assertiveness strategies to help you reclaim your personal power
- Way to identify your boundaries
- Why it’s important to be honest
- The ASSA Conversation Strategy & the Broken Record Technique great for home & work!
- What to do when you feel aggressive
- How being an assertive woman is a divine expression of your feminine yin energy
My assertiveness enriches my relationship. My feelings of self-worth & self-esteem are vibrant and strong!
The Coaching Parlour Podcast!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- You can also subscribe via Tunein radio
COMING TO GOOGLE PLAY STORE WHEN IT IS LAUNCHED!
Contact me via email here
Hit me up via twitter
And make sure you rate, review, and subscribe on itunes!
Define & Live Your Purpose Free Ecourse! Sign Up Today and not ONLY receive a free 7 Step Ecourse in discovering and defining your purpose, but on a monthly basis you receive free coaching AND complimentary monthly planning guide! Sign up Today!